Tools -> Coords Conv
This dialog allows you to type in and convert among several common astronomical
All fields are updated immediately as you type.
RA is in H M S, all other fields are D M S.
The following coordinate systems are available:
Across the bottom are these push buttons:
- RA@Ep is apparent equatorial RA and Dec at the current epoch;
- RA@2k is astrometric equatorial precessed to 2000.0;
- Altitude is local horizon coordinates; Az is degrees E of N;
- Gal is Galactic latitude and longitude;
- Ecl is ecliptic latitude and longitude.
- Point centers the current Sky chart at the given coordinates;
- Eye P places an eyepiece at the given coordinates;
- Get Sky loads the fields from the current sky chart center
- Canonize reformats all fields to a consistent look.