Tapping on the Sky near an object will bring up a popup menu with basic
information about that object, or just location if not near any object. The
popup also offers these controls:
- More info... displays a separate dialog with additional
information which may include position reported in several
coordinate systems; when and where it will rise, transit and set today;
the page on which it occurs in several popular atlases; and additional
information relevant to the type of object and the current
Options. Tapping more than several pixels from
any object reduces the information to the basics about that spot.
- Center shifts the RA and Dec so the tapped spot is centered.
- Zoom in 5x is like Center but also reduces the field size by
a factor of 5.
- Place Eyepiece adds a new eyepiece centered at the tap
position. The specifications are those currently set in the
- Add to Favorites adds the object, or tapped location, to the
list of Favorites.
- Track locks the display position to follow the given object.
This makes it easy to watch an object move against the background of
stars by advancing time. A T is drawn in the upper right corner to
indicate when Tracking is on. Tracking remains in effect until the Sky
position is explicitly changed with the sliders or popup commands, or
implicitly by invoking a Favorite,
zooming to Search result or other means.